"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8 NKJV
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” - Matt 28:19-20 NKJV
Antioch Baptist Church actively engages in Missions on multiple levels. We pray for strength, wisdom, safety, and success for those on the mission field. We financially support a number of missionaries both directly, through the Southern Baptist Cooperative Program, and through the Annie Armstrong and Lottie Moon Missions Offerings. Finally, we actively participate in a number of missionary trips.
We also have a large on-campus mission field: the Antioch Christian Academy. Founded in 2005, ACA provides a Christian education and instills a biblical worldview for students from Lumberton, and from Robeson and other surrounding counties.
Antioch provides prayer and direct financial support to the following missionaries and missions programs:
- Rosemarie Glenn with My Refuge in Lumberton, NC
- Helen Rogers with The Pregnancy Center in Lumberton, NC
- Robeson Baptist Association, Alan Taylor DOM, in Lumberton, NC
- John, Chita, Timmy, and Mark & Katelyn Martens with Camp Grace in Fairmont, NC
- Karen Williams with Camp Gilead in Florida
- James & Jamie Priest in Camp Ozone, Tennessee
- Crank's Creek Survival Center in Kentucky
- Marilyn Townsend in St. Vincent
- Juvenal Gonzales in Tijuana, Mexico
- Brian & Angie Eggert in Australia
The variety of missions programs that we support means that our members have a variety of places and ways in which to serve. Come join us in sharing the Good News! Call the Church Office at 910-739-9425 if you're interested in helping.